We’re looking for a passionate senior fullstack engineer with skills and experience in growth to build Slite's long-term sustainable growth with us.
Sustaining long-term growth and reaching hundreds of millions of users requires a scientific approach to growth. In fact, growth experts resoundingly say that “growth hacking” isn’t in their vocabulary or something they relate to their work. “Hacking” implies a haphazard / gut-driven approach, and the reality is quite the opposite. Startups that have seen amazing growth have developed teams and processes that are intentional, exceedingly metrics-driven, and thrive on experimentation.
Source: Article from the Y Combinator blog
If this quote speaks to you, you've come to the right place! Our product is our first and biggest growth opportunity. Slite is made for people to create valuable content that they're proud and excited to share with the rest of their teams: that'll be our best ambassador and source of acquisition.
💪 What's my mission?
In the Growth Team, every experiment we launch aims at helping Slite grow!
You will be part of a technical team with a business mindset, figuring out how we can innovate to increase Slite's growth. As a growth engineer, you'll be able to see the impact of your code on the business.
- You will focus on delivering experiments to accelerate Slite's growth.
- You will launch initiatives to maintain and scale the growth engineering stack.
- You will improve metrics, analytics, and experimentation infrastructures.
- You will have the opportunity to help prioritize
Eventually, as one of the early members of Slite, you'll be able to shape the future of it. We share as much ownership on the way we work and on the product itself as we can as we're convinced our success is 99% due to our team.
📖 What do I need?
- Be a self-starter - you are a confirmed developer who is able to show initiative and get things going without too much guidance.
- Excellent engineer - you understand and advocate for testing, analytics, observability, error tolerance.
- Full-stack JS engineer - you have a significant front-end and back-end development experience using React, Node.js.
- Growth mindset - Understand business KPIs and the end goal. Can challenge growth experiments, propose simpler implementation to fasten the iterations, can propose excellent technical decisions to improve user experience.
- Good communication skills - you write clearly about technical or product-related subjects. You are able to challenge subjects in a guided direction.
- Pragmatic thinking - you can take tactic decisions when needed, dealing with debt and payback later. You are able to keep a long term vision via a long-term strategy
🤗 Who will I be working with?
Why join Slite?
On what we do, check out slite.com and if you're not a Slite user yet, give it a spin 🌀
More importantly, why we’re building Slite: we help teams work in more thoughtful manners, based on written culture, information transparency, asynchronous collaboration. And because of that, we unlock remote for them.
We work by these principles and evangelize on them.
- Work with talented & passionate people with diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Make a dent: we strive to shift the way people collaborate and organize at a large scale, potentially impacting millions of people
- Feel your impact: Slite is still early stage, everything we do matters and your impact is critical
- 🤩 Competitive salary and equity
- 🏝 5 Weeks PTO + 11 French Holidays 🇫🇷
- 📚 Buy any book policy
- 🖥️ Remote setup: coworking or at-home setup, your pick. Slite covers your expenses.
- 🌈 We go on team offslites every 4 months
- 💻 Macbook: a new laptop for a new job
Diversity of talents, opinions, and backgrounds does matter to us. We are actively working at diversifying our team, that’s one of the reasons we chose to be remote and create a writing tool that is used in diverse locations and by a lot of different users. If you don’t match the people on the team picture, please do not hesitate to apply or contact us!